Along with the Operational Programme for cohesion policy implementation within the 2014-2020 Financial Framework, Croatia will be allocated 1.582 billion EUR within the Operational Programme named Efficient Human Resources. The Programme is officially adopted by the European Commission and will be launched in the first quarter of 2015. The Programme focuses on the following fields: promoting sustainable and quality employment, support to labour mobility, social inclusion and fight against poverty and discrimination which will be distributed in five priority axes.
The priorities and objectives of the first axis called High Employability and Labor Mobility are oriented to:
- the access to employment for jobseekers, first-time jobseekers and economically inactive persons, including those who are long-term unemployed and those who are far away from the labor market;
- the implementation of local employment initiatives and support for labor mobility;
- the sustainable integration of youth in the labor market, especially those who are not employed, educated enough or trained, including youth who are at risk of social exclusion and youth growing up in marginalized communities;
- the modernization of labor market institutions such as public and private employment services and better alignment with the labor market needs, through activities that enhance transnational labor mobility, as well as through existing mobility programmes and better cooperation between educational institutions and relevant stakeholders.
Investment priorities of the second axis concentrate on Social Inclusion by:
- promoting equal opportunities, active involvement in society and improvement of employability;
- improving access to affordable, sustainable and high-quality services, including health care and social services of general interest;
- the promotion of social entrepreneurship and vocational integration in social enterprises;
- the promotion of social economy and solidarity economy in order to facilitate access to employment.
Education and Lifelong Learning is the third priority axis focused on:
- improving the quality and efficiency of higher education by undertaking measures for encouragement on enrolment and completion of studies and facilitating access for disadvantaged groups;
- increasing equal access to lifelong learning for all age groups in formal, non-formal and informal settings;
- improving knowledge, skills and competences of the workforce, promoting flexible learning models, including career counseling and certification of acquired competences;
- improving the importance of the Croatian educational system by increasing the number and effectiveness of training for the labor market and facilitating the transition from school to work, strengthening the vocational education and training and their quality, among other mechanisms for predicting skills, adapting curricula and introducing a more developed system of learning which is based on experience and the dual system of learning.
The fourth axis named Clever Administration will involve:
- investments in the institutional resources and in improving the efficiency of public administration management and which will ensure stronger and informative public services at national, regional and local level;
- capacity building for the stakeholders who provide education, lifelong learning, trainings and implement employment and social policies by means of sectorial and territorial pacts to reform these areas at the national, regional and local level in Croatia.
The aim of the fifth axis, entitled Technical assistance is to ensure effective preparation, management, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and control of the Operational Programme by providing support to potential users and regional stakeholders in making successful applications systems and facilitating the implementation of projects.
With the help of the Efficient Human Resources Operational Programme and other sources of funding, Croatia aims to achieve an employment rate of 62.9% and lower the early school dropout rates by 4%. The Operational Programme also aims to reduce the risk of poverty for 150,000 people and increase the percentage of highly educated population aged 30 to 40 years by at least 35%.
About all tenders and their requirements, which will be published within the Effective Human Resources Operational Programme, we will inform in a timely manner on our website.
Click for more latest news